This is a 3-digit variable that represents the number of rabbits owned by the household, except for the following codes:
900 = Logical edit - missing
996 = Not interviewed (household questionnaire)
997 = Don't know
998 = No response
999 = NIU (not in universe)
RABBITNUM reports the total number of rabbits owned by the household.
Users should be careful to distinguish this variable from RABBITHOME, which reports the total number of rabbits on the household's homestead, regardless of who owns them.
Enumerators were instructed to code "Don't know" or "No response" cases as -88 and -99, respectively. However, in some samples, a select number of enumerators recorded an unexpectedly high number of 88 and 99 values for livestock variables. We believe the majority of these cases were intended to represent "don't know" and "no responses" instead of indicating a number of livestock. IPUMS has recoded these cases to "Logical edit - missing".
The question associated with this variable was included in the household questionnaire.
- Congo Democratic Republic (Kinshasa) 2014 Round 2 Female and Household: All persons.
- Ghana 2014 Round 3 Female and Household: Persons in households that own livestock.
- Ghana 2015 Round 4 Female and Household: Persons in households that own livestock.
- Ghana 2016 Round 5 Female and Household: Persons in households that own livestock.
- Congo (Democratic Republic): 2014
- Ghana: 2014-2016