IPUMS PMA Video Tutorials
If you are having trouble with the extract system, or would like to learn more about the IPUMS website, please watch the following short video tutorials.
IPUMS PMA-Specific Tutorials:
- How to create an account to use IPUMS PMA
- IPUMS PMA Units of Analysis
- How to create an extract using IPUMS PMA
- IPUMS PMA Case Selection Feature
- How POPWT was created
- Introduction to PMA Longitudinal Data
- Using Female and Service Delivery Point Data Together (webinar)
IPUMS PMA Webinars:
- See our recordings of the webinar "Analyzing Three-Phase Longitudinal Data In IPUMS PMA". You can also access the slides, R code, Stata codes for the alluvial figure data set up, descriptive analyses and predictive analyses, as well as the write up of the Q&A
- Vous pouvez visionner le webinaire "Trois phases de données longitudinales IPUMS PMA". De plus, vous trouverez ici les diapositives, code R, codes Stata pour préparer les données pour la figure alluviale, analyses descriptives et analyses prédictives, ainsi que la transcription de la séance de questions et réponses
- Access our Github page from a July 2022 workshop on how to link spatial climate data to reproductive health survey data.
- Watch a recording of our Introduction to IPUMS PMA webinar. You can find a write up of the Q&A here.
- See our resources and recordings from the Contraceptive Calendar PAA 2021 Side Event Data Workshop, in collaboration with PMA.
- Watch a recording of our Introduction To New Longitudinal Reproductive Health Data In IPUMS PMA webinar. You can access the slides, Stata code, and a write up of the Q&A.
- See our recordings of the webinar "Did COVID-19 impact contraceptive use? An Introduction to Longitudinal Analysis using PMA Data", which comes in three segments: the plenary, the R breakout session, and the Stata breakout session. See also the executable code in R and Stata, as well as the R output and Stata output.
IPUMS PMA Course
Introduction to IPUMS PMA Data Analysis is the first course in a series introducing new analysts and researchers to the IPUMS PMA extract system, which harmonizes data from the Performance Monitoring for Action (PMA) data series. If you're learning data analysis software for the first time, or if you're looking for a way to learn more about PMA data, this is a great place to start. We offer a downloadable certificate upon completion. Once you begin the course, your progress will be saved so that you can stop and return at any time. This course features guided practice with statistical software that you can use without leaving your browser.
Other Helpful Tutorials:
- How to open an extract in Stata
- How to open an extract in SAS
- How to open an extract in SPSS
- How to open an extract in Excel
- How to use our documentation and variable descriptions