IPUMS PMA Video Tutorials
If you are having trouble with the extract system, or would like to learn more about the IPUMS website, please watch the following short video tutorials.
IPUMS PMA-Specific Tutorials:
- How to create an account to use IPUMS PMA
- IPUMS PMA Units of Analysis
- How to create an extract using IPUMS PMA
- IPUMS PMA Case Selection Feature
- How POPWT was created
- Using Female and Service Delivery Point Data Together (webinar)
See our resources and recordings from the Contraceptive Calendar PAA 2021 Side Event Data Workshop, in collaboration with PMA.
IPUMS PMA Course
Introduction to IPUMS PMA Data Analysis is the first course in a series introducing new analysts and researchers to the IPUMS PMA extract system, which harmonizes data from the Performance Monitoring for Action (PMA) data series. If you're learning data analysis software for the first time, or if you're looking for a way to learn more about PMA data, this is a great place to start. We offer a downloadable certificate upon completion. Once you begin the course, your progress will be saved so that you can stop and return at any time. This course features guided practice with statistical software that you can use without leaving your browser.
Other Helpful Tutorials:
- How to open an extract in Stata
- How to open an extract in SAS
- How to open an extract in SPSS
- How to open an extract in Excel
- How to use our documentation and variable descriptions