October 15, 2018
- Service delivery point files are now available! Users can choose from 41 samples of service delivery point (SDP) data and more than 800 variables. In the extract system, choose service delivery point as the unit of analysis.
- There are now 8 new household and female samples from Cote d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Niger, India, Indonesia, and Uganda. More than 110 new variables are available in the 8 new household and female samples.
- Due to the addition of new response categories, codes for LIVEINREGION have been modified.
- To accommodate larger response values, variables LOCALCATTLEHOME and LOCALCATTLENUM have expanded to 5 digits. NIU and other missing codes have changed to reflect this.
- In Water Use variables, cases that were originally coded as 95 were corrected to be 96.
- Cases of 99999 in SCORE were recoded to 99998 because they were missing, not out of universe.
- In the variables INSURBPJS, INSURJAMKESDA, INSURPRIVATE, and INSUROTHER in the Indonesia 2015 Round 1 sample, cases of "No" were disaggregated into "NIU (not in universe)", "No", and "Services covered by insurance not listed".
- An error was discovered in the variable CAR for the Burkina Faso 2015 Round 2 sample, in the original data. Too many households were recorded as owning a car. This error has been corrected with this release.
- Cases of 95 (Not interviewed - female questionnaire) were corrected to 96 (Not interviewed - household questionnaire).
- The variable POPWT has been added to samples Kenya 2016 Round 5, Ghana 2016 Round 5, and Nigeria 2016 Round 4, in addition to the new samples released today.
Added data: New samples.
Added data: new variable availability.
May 15, 2018
- Variables from the Primary Health Care module in Ghana 2016 Round 5 are now available.
- More than 70 new variables have been added to samples Niger 2016 Round 3, Kenya 2016 Round 5, and Ghana 2016 Round 5 on various topics, including challenges obtaining family planning (ie. CHALCOST), perceptions of and communications about family planning use (ie. FPPRONATGOV) and other topics.
- KID6DOBCMC and KID7DOBCMC are now available.
- An error was found and corrected in SCORE, FQWEIGHT, and HQWEIGHT for the Democratic Republic of the Congo 2015 Round 3.
- Added Kenya Round 5 to HORSEHOME and HORSENUM. Updated comparability to indicated that this sample asked about horses, donkeys, or camels.
- The variables for children's birth date in century month code (for example, KID1DOBCMC) for the 5 youngest children under 5 are now available for additional samples.
- The variables INTFQYEAR and INTFQMON are now available for the Democratic Republic of Congo 2013 Round 1.
- Changed SAMPLE, SUBNATIONAL, STRATA to use ISO 3-digit codes for each country instead of 1 through 10.
- In TIMEMENSTRUATEVAL, enumerators were instructed to code the total number of months or years since the woman's last menstrual period. However, in some samples, a select number of enumerators recorded specific years, e.g. 2005. We believe these cases were intended to represent the year in which the woman's last menstrual cycle occurred. IPUMS-PMA previously recoded these cases to "Logical edit - missing." These cases now have been recoded by subtracting the recorded response from the year of the interview to estimate when the woman's last menstrual cycle occurred. The universe for this variable was also changed for all samples. It previously read as "Women aged 15-49," and has now been updated to "Women aged 15-49 except those who are menopausal, whose last period was before their last birth, or who have never married." The width of this variable was also updated to 5, after previously having a width of 4.
- In PREFTIMECHVAL, enumerators were instructed to code the total number of months or years the woman would like to wait until a/another birth. However, in some samples, a select number of enumerators recorded specific years, e.g. 2017. We believe these cases were intended to represent the year in which the woman's would prefer to have a/another birth. IPUMS-PMA previously recoded these cases to "Logical edit - missing." These cases now have been recoded by subtracting the year of the interview from the recorded response to estimate the time the woman would like to wait until a/another birth.
- In certain samples, women who did not consent to the female questionnaire, CHEB were coded as "0 - No children." These cases have been recoded as "95 - Not interviewed (female questionnaire)." Additionally, in some samples women who have never given birth were coded as "99 - NIU (not in universe)." These cases have been recoded as "0 - No children."
- A select number of codes were changed in FPPROVIDER to a more intuitive organization.
- Changed labels for variables pertaining to the disposal of young children's fecal waste Child Health group page to increase consistency across variables.
Added data: new variables.
Added data: new variable availability.
Modified data: Changed variable names.
Modified data: Changed codes.
Modified data: Changed variable labels.